Posted by : Unknown Thursday, October 13, 2005

For quite sometime now, I have been an avid user of Microsoft Virtual PC. Seen it first when the product shipped from Connectix. Before VPC, installation of products, especially Beta Editions was a plug and pray approach. I remember when installing products that used to ship on floppies.... the moment the floppy drive used to start making cranky noises, I used to join my palms and say "nooooo.. please dont gimme a bad sector error". With CDs and now DVDs, its become a lot easier. But then...once you start installing, you've got to wait till the installation completes. And also do things like reserve a partition to try products which need an exclusive installation of the operating system.

But today, you don't need to wait for completing the installation of your product when you are installing it on a Virtual PC. The great thing I love about VPC is the save state feature. When I am just too tired and want to call it a day, I do a save state and VPC goes off to sleep. After which I shut down my system and do the same :-) The next time I am back on the system, I restore the VPC from it's saved state and it continues installing from where it left last. And this works great even while installing an Operating System!. Fancy your chances while installing Linux and you say, "Aaj ke liye bahut ho gaya. Kal continue karte hain.". Thats what I did. And I installed Linux over a few days time.

Virtual PC maketh my life easier.



3 Responses so far.

  1. Aman Goyal says:

    Hello amol sir....

    Welcome to ur brand new avataar of Blogger...
    I bet this blog will be a must read over a few days time...
    Regarding the VPC..its quite astonishing....really updated me...
    keep the good stuff coming..

  2. KD says:

    hi amol sir
    Perhaps i m the second 1, Again Delhi dude. Good to see u on Blogger. I know good KT( as wat called in companies Knowledge Transfer) will take place;)

  3. KD says:

    waiting for ur next post...

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Labels

- Copyright © AV's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -