Posted by : Unknown Friday, November 04, 2005

I use a Nokia 7610 which has a big database of my contacts. After all I have 8 MB of on phone storage plus a Storage Card capacity that can go upto 1 GB with the RSMMC (Reduced Size Multimedia Card). I use PC Suite and sync my phone data with my Outlook Contacts regularly.

When I am in a training program, I keep my phone on silent and usually call back during a break. But many a time if its a number not listed in my contact list, I hear someone trying to sell me a new Sim Card, a new Credit Card, a Car, a Flat and it gets very annoying. MTNL, Tata Indicom (and a few other providers) offer a complete web based query engine where you can do a number to name seek and find out on whose name the phone is registered. Wouldn't it be great if the cell phone company displays the name if available and number rather than just the number ? The last option could be showing only the number i.e. when the search does not yield any data. With so many unimaginable advancements happening in the world of mobile technologies, this could be just another move.



2 Responses so far.

  1. Aman Goyal says:

    Hi sir... wht u r saying is absolutely true...and it gets even more annoying when u r on roaming....that is when u get charged....

  2. KD says:

    ha ha.. i guess aman right now in delhi has got some annoying calls from some bank or mobile service provider... dun know why it makes me feel happy...if the victim is aman

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Labels

- Copyright © AV's Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -